Inkling’s Assessment Widget has been updated to version 2.2.0 with the following customizable features:
- Randomization of questions: Questions can be displayed in a randomized order so that if two people are taking an assessment side by side, they would not see the same question order.
This feature can be turned on under the Assessment’s Settings by selecting Yes under Randomize Questions:
- Hiding answers from pass screen: You now have the option to prevent correct answers from being shown in the confirmation/pass/fail screen after an Assessment is completed.
This feature can be turned on under the Assessment’s Settings by selecting Yes under Hide Answers from Pass Screen:
- Multiple Fill-in-the blank answers: Multiple correct answers can now be added for the fill-in-the-blank question type.
To set multiple correct answers in a fill-in-the-blank question, simply click on the + button to add an Alternate Answer to the question.
To update to the latest version of the Assessment widget:
- On the Habitat dashboard, click Modules.
- Click the Inkling Assessment module.
- Click Install on the latest version (2.2.0) of the Assessment module.
- Select the project or projects. The Install button changes to blue and also shows the number of selected projects—for example, Install in 2 projects.
- To select all projects, click the checkbox next to Project Name. Then click Select all (#) projects.
- Click Install. Leave the browser window open to help ensure that the upgrade successfully completes for all selected projects.
- A Success message displays when Inkling successfully installs the module. Click OK to dismiss the message.
- Open each Habitat project containing the Assessment you would like to update and select the applicable language for each widget via the widget editor. Click Publish to push the changes our to your users.
- Updating the module requires Module Management permissions. Your Inkling User Administrator is able to set these permissions. Search for “Manage user platform permissions” in the Administrator Guide for details.
- This update does not delete previously-completed assessment data. You must reset the assessment if you would like users to retake the assessment and record new scores. For more details, see the Authoring Guide (Ch. 6 > Use the assessment widget > Reset an assessment).
To learn more about Inkling's Assessment Widget, search for "Use the Assessment widget" in the Authoring Guide.