The Inkling Assessment widget has been updated to include language support for our twelve supported languages. Selecting a Language for your Assessment widget will translate all interface text in the end user's assessment experience to the language you selected.
The new Language setting can be found on the Score and Settings page of the Assessment Widget editor in Habitat:
Before you can configure the Language setting in your Assessments, you will need to update to the latest version of the Assessment widget in your projects.
To update to the latest version of the Assessment widget:
- On the Habitat dashboard, click Modules.
- Click the Inkling Assessment module.
- Click Install on the latest version (2.1.1) of the Assessment module.
- Select the project or projects. The Install button changes to blue and also shows the number of selected projects—for example, Install in 2 projects.
- To select all projects, click the checkbox next to Project Name. Then click Select all (#) projects.
- Click Install. Leave the browser window open to help ensure that the upgrade successfully completes for all selected projects.
- A Success message displays when Inkling successfully installs the module. Click OK to dismiss the message.
- Open each Habitat project containing the Assessment you would like to update and select the applicable language for each widget via the widget editor. Click Publish to push the changes our to your users.
- Updating the module requires Module Management permissions. Your Inkling User Administrator is able to set these permissions. Search for “Manage user platform permissions” in the Administrator Guide for details.
- This update does not delete previously-completed assessment data. You must reset the assessment if you would like users to retake the assessment and record new scores. For more details, see the Authoring Guide (Ch. 6 > Use the assessment widget > Reset an assessment).
To learn more about Inkling's language support, search for "Create Translate Content" in the Authoring Guide.
Article is closed for comments.