New Features Ready to Turn On
These features are ready to go. Ask your CSM if you’d like to learn more and turn them on.
All Products: Language Preference
This new feature enables learners to easily select their language preference. Inkling’s UI will automatically update to the selected language.
- Employees on shared devices can quickly switch between languages directly in Inkling, with no need to access the browser or device settings.
- You can now target Inkdocs and Featured Content to learners based on the Language Preference attribute. This data will also be available in Advanced Analytics, so you can see what languages your learners prefer.
Language Preference is available now. Please let your Customer Success Manager know if you would like to enable this feature for your organization.
For more information, see Inkling User Guide > Ch. 1 Get Started > Language Preference.
InkForms: Second Factor Authentication
How Did It Work Before?
InkForms did not have Two-Factor authentication.
Two-factor authentication improves the security of your ID and the data that you store with InkForms.
It is designed to make sure that you're the only one who can access your account. When you sign in with your InkForms ID on a new device or on the web, you need both your password and the six-digit verification code. The verification code will be provided via email. You will typically see the two-factor authentication workflow come up when you login with a different device or web browser.
- If you are using author licenses for people who only need access to data, please contact your CSM to discuss alternative workflows.
- If you are using SSO for InkForms, you will not experience two-factor authentication.
Inkling for iOS & Android
Live View Inkdocs
How did it work before?
Historically, users of the mobile applications had to download documents to be able to view content. This wasn’t always ideal, especially if an Inkdoc was particularly large or the user was on a slow wireless connection.
Learners can now access their Inkdocs in real-time without having to wait for any cumbersome downloads (downloading Inkdocs now becomes optional). We’ve also refreshed the user experience a bit to simplify navigating your Inkdocs as well as adding a persistent table of contents panel for tablet users viewing the app in landscape view.
AR Inkdoc Component
Inkling users on the iOS and Android apps are now able to place and view 3D objects in their own space. Create a richer, more immersive learning experience, right in an Inkdoc with augmented reality. Reach out to your CSM to learn more.
New Features Automatically Available
These features are in Inkling and ready to use. No extra steps needed.
All Products: Four New Languages
We released 4 new languages for all Inkling products:
These are available now and ready to use!
All Products: Master Template Updates
What is Master Template?
“Master Template” is the boilerplate starting project for every new customer template, providing the basis for authoring in Habitat. We're continually evolving Master Template with bug fixes, new patterns, and improved functionality.
What’s in the latest release?
4.1.6 contains fixes for authors and Reader content interactions. Specifically:
- Made small tweaks to enhance accessibility when authors use sections and asides
- Gave authors the ability to control when a shadowbox appears for icons or other graphics
- Updated pattern configuration options in the toolbar to improve how authors choose color, tone, width, float, lists, and image framing.
- Before: Changing the color on certain elements doesn’t do anything, and changing width breaks the layout
- After: Only the controls relevant to this pattern are shown in the toolbar
How do I get the latest version of the template?
We customize templates for every customer, so new Master Template releases only apply to new customers and template updates (which requires professional services).
If you’re interested in a template update or branding refresh to take advantage of the new Master Template features, contact your Inkling CSM to learn more.
- Fixed an issue in Reader that prevented highlighting of Japanese and Chinese characters.
- Fixed an issue where Content Feedback titles were truncated on the Home page
- It is no longer required to provide a title and description for a custom audience for Featured Content.
- Fixed an issue that was causing the iOS app to intermittently freeze when a user attempted to log out while actively downloading content.
More New Things for You
We moved all content from the Learning Pathways Guide into our other guides, and based the content on a user’s role, not the product, so you can get the content that's relevant to you.
You'll now find Learning Pathways content in:
We restructured the content so it focused more on what you want to do rather than what the product offers. For example, we changed the "Dynamic Teams" to "Create and Manage Teams" so that you can find the content on creating and managing teams more easily. Give it a look and let us know what you think!
Want to be involved in shaping our future features? Sign up for Inkling Labs!
Inkling Labs is our research program for getting feedback on new features & ideas. Those that sign up will be on the “go-to list” of customer & users the Inkling Product team reaches out to when they need feedback. Signing up is one of the best ways to ensure your needs get incorporated into our product development process.